My name is Kat(herine) Brine and I am a 26 year old female living in Vancouver, BC, Canada. When I was 13 years old I was diagnosed with OCD and generalized anxiety disorder. A few years ago I was diagnosed with major depression. This is my blog, and this is my story. I hope my experiences inspire others, help end the stigma surrounding mental illness, and remind you that you are not alone.
A bit more about me…
- I was born in Nova Scotia, but I have lived all over Canada, including the Yukon, Ontario, and Nunavut.
- I have a BA in Forensic Psychology and an MA in Criminology
- I worked as a mental health counsellor in Iqaluit, Nunavut
- I am passionate about hiking, camping, and being outdoors (thank you BC for having awesome mountains!)
- I have Celiac Disease and sadly cannot eat pizza or cake
- My family has a Portuguese water dog named Rhys who lives in Ontario (He’s the coolest)
- I have an awesome family and awesome friends